I posted this when I was just a kid on Tuesday, December 19th, 2006. After blogging, I shaved my head and started wearing a Mohawk. My parents thought I was nuts. They were right. I am nuts. And angry. This was 6-years before Sandy Hook.
"As the young bodies keep dropping all around us in Miami because someone was "disrespected" or someone wanted someone's rims or someone's girl or last, but not least, someone's money, check out these stats while listening to this catchy little ditty with a message: "Another Shooting" by Lori Rosolowsky.
- In the last 18 months, 31 young people died from gunfire in Miami.
- In a 2004 study by Sperling's BestPlaces, Miami was singled out as having the highest violent crime rate as well as one of the highest property crime rates.
- In 2003, one kid or teen in the US was shot to death every three hours, nearly 8 every day, 54 a week, nearly 3,000 a year. 4 to 5 times that number survived bullet wounds.
- The number of kids killed by guns in 2003 exceeded the number of American soldiers killed in Iraq for 2003 to April 2006.
- More 10-19 year-olds died from gunshots than from any other cause in the US other than motor vehicle accidents.
- Almost 90% of US kids killed by firearms in 2003 were boys.
- Black kids are most likely to be victims of firearm homicide. In fact, the firearm death rate for Black males ages 15-19 is more than 4 times that of White males in the same age group.
As long as the NRA loving Republicans run the country, apparently nothing. But then we knew that when nothing was done to put some common sense guns laws into effect after Sandy Hook. If our children don't matter, we are doomed.